Tuesday 25 March 2008

Hawaii here I come!

I am going to Hawaii! I won an award from work - I and a guest (JD) get to go to Hawaii for a 4 days, all expenses paid. So now I need to do something about the less than bikini ready body. So I am starting my new life today by going for a jog, follwing the instructions on this site:

http://running.about.com/od/getstartedwithrunning/ht/getstarted.htm

Now I felt that week one was a bit wuzzy, as was week two but and week three a bit of an overkill. So I decided to do it the Abba way

The Visitors - 5min46 - Warm up
Under attack - 3min47 - Jog
People Need Love - 2min44 - Walking
He is your brother - 3min19 - Jog
Eagle - 4min28 - Walking
Summer night city - 3min36 - Jog
Lay all your love on me - 4min34 - Cool down

Now all I need is some will power to keep doing this and some time to make playlists to match my fitness level... Or find out that they are flying us economy and can the whole project.

4 comments:

Johan said...

You missed Take a Chance on Me which Björn Ulveaus allegedly wrote while jogging. When you're ready to upgrade from 'jog' to 'run', may I suggest Does Your Mother Know and So Long? (And for pumping: King-Kong Song.)

Barb said...

Hi

I think you should also add sime really awful acid jazz onto the list, that way it will motivate you to run faster and further. How about some nice Moby for a cool down?

Evova said...

Thanks Johan! Great ideas, just need to get to the next level of fitness to be able to cope with those songs.

Barb - I do want to try and continue running, not give up cause I hate the music... Am thinking some cheerful german umpa umpa to get me going?

Barb said...

Ok, you will like this one, its a website dedicated to running music and it will show you the beats per minute as well. Now all you have to do is logon...

http://www.runningmusicmix.com/