- 7 sweet potatoes - peel and wrap in tin foil then bake for 1.5hrs at 350F
- Mix 2 eggs, 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, 1/4 cup demerera sugar, 1 tsp salt, 50g melted butter
- Once the sweet potatoes are done mix in with the above mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Put the sweet potato mixture in an oven proof pan.
- In a pan mix 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar, 50g butter and 1/4 cup chopped pecans. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Top the sweet potato mixture with the pecans and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
Sunday, 6 November 2011
Sweet potato casserole
Just cooked a mean sweet potato casserole - based on the Del Frisco side dish. Definitely one for Thanksgiving!