Friday 10 July 2009

No books

I have run out of books. My own fault for reading all I had and not going to book club for a while. So this morning I was thinking about going to Waterstones for a top up when I saw my favorite actor (well second favorite after Jim Broadbent) Bill Nighy on tv promoting Oxfams book stores. So I popped in on the way back from lunching with Bard (oh so civilized, will miss our Fridays) and got myself four books:

The Sex Life of my Aunt by Mavis Cheeks (well it looked like an easy read for a plane journey)
The End of Mister Y by Scarlett Thomas (I have just finished Pop Co by her and loved it)
High Fidelity by Nick Hornby (as I need a comfort read for Stamford)
All My Friends are Superheroes by Andrew Kaufman (just loved both title and cover)

Now just need to not read all over the weekend...

No comments: