Monday 14 September 2009

We go to the fair!

Saturday I went to an art fair here in Stamford, actually in true American style I drove to it, 3 blocks. Anyway, it was enjoyable and I got some crimbo pressies and saw a lot of what I would class as bored housewifes taking up beading. But there were some great stuff too including an artist who makes graphic prints with great titles like a picture of a girl with a pile of stones next to her called "She threw stones at anyone who questioned her infinitie wisdom". I am not allowed to buy any more art for me and JD but I might have to make an exception.

In the evening I went to the Norwalk Oyster Festival which was a fun fair / food fair and it was fun! I had to show ID to get a beer! And I had soft shelled crab inna bun. Mmmm.... And funnel cake. And knackwurst with potato cake and apple sauce. Felt a bit sick at the end of it but it was worth it. And in the dark night the fun fair lights were just so so pretty. Couldnt find any oysters but hey I can have oysters any day, deep fried brown food is a treat!

2 comments:

Eva-L said...

Fried food ...
I made a new sandwich where you're supposed to fry the bread for a bit in butter. The other ingredients are lövbiff, blue cheese, chutney, red onion rings and rocket salad. It's bliss. What's lövbiff in English?

Evova said...

mmmm lovbiff. the closest i have found here is minute steak, but its not quite the same thinness as a lovbiff