Tuesday 19 June 2007

With Pratchett in Delhi

Am in Delhi, have spent some quality time in the car to and from the office, shops and hotel.

Love the hotel. Room is gargantuan and someone makes my bed, cleans my bedroom and opens the door for me everytime I come and go.

Love the shops, have bought 7 scarves so far (I think) plus lots of other stuff. Unfortunately shop closed at 7.30 so only managed to buy one silk blouse before being kicked out.

Love the food. Bukhara has the best lamb dish ever, especially in combination with their Dal and interesting breads.

Shame about the work. But it keeps me occupied 8-17 so I dont shop too much.

How did Pratchett get involved? Listening to one of his books on the ipod when I fall asleep, he is nice and soothing.

4 comments:

Eva-L said...

Pratchett goes everywhere. Have they got any Indiska-tablecloths in Delhi? Cos they haven't got them at Indiska anymore. Iäll be home working (subtitling the addams family) most of the day if you want to googletalk.

Evova said...

will try and get you one tomorrow. had to work late today :-(

Eva-L said...

No worries. If you trip over one, get it otherwise don't. I just couldn't bear the thought of buying Indian fabric at Svenskt Tenn (I don't even know what we did there, except we saw Lena Olin and Lasse Hallberg). There has to be a better place...

Evova said...

ok bought some but liked it so much i decided to keep it. sorry! if you like it when you come and visit I shall get more when I go out next time, fingers crossed I will be sent over there again in September just in time for me to start thinking about christmas shopping!

stuff a lot cheaper than svenskt tenn so not to worry, will sort it out for you, you might just have to wait til you have moved and a bit...