Friday 8 June 2007

Books

We had out bookclub meeting last night. We have given up on the idea that we all read the same book, Barb always hated someone, one of the others managed to not read the book and in the end we had a five minute chat about the book before getting on to the more important topics of food, wine and bras. So now we meet regularly and bring all the books we have read since the last meeting.

Last night I brought along LOTS but unfortunately only managed to palm off a few, got about as many back from last time so ended up lugging about the same amount home again. Not great.

But dinner was lovely, Si Signore on Sydney street, an BYO restaurant that turned out to be v v v nice. Can recommend the pistachio milkshake...

2 comments:

Eva-L said...

So which books did you get? And I hope you did not give away that book by Griff Rhys Jones that I wanted to read, Semi-detached.

Evova said...

By the time you get here I will make sure I have it back! I suspect I might have lent it to someone, but I cant remember... Also cant remember which books I got, they are in a pile by the bed and its a bit like lucky dip when I need a new one..