Tuesday 26 June 2007

Sleeping on the job

Am I the only one often on long conference calls paying no attention to what is being said?

Great as long as you are not expected to participate answering or asking questions, not so good if someone suddenly asks your opinion on something you have no idea what they are talking about. Full panic til you either work out what is going on or decide to risk and say something which might potentially make it clear that you were not paying attention.

I just added my 5 cents on the call I am on, hoping noone else had said the same and also that it was at least relevant. Phew! I think I got away with it this time.

2 comments:

Johan said...

When I get one of those questions, I put my phone on mute (if I haven't already), wait three minutes and then e-mail the concall organizer, saying that there seems to be some problem with my connection and asking for advice on how to reconnect.

Evova said...

hehe. good idea... might try that...