Sunday 15 August 2010

Veggie box

This week in our veggie box we got:

1 cucumber
3 peppers
2 chilies
1 bunch of basil
1 small box of cherry tomatoes
2 lb summer squash
2 lb tomatillos
3 lb heritage tomatoes
1 bunch spinach
1 bunch edamame beans

I gave away some squash, tomatoes and peppers as I still had plenty from last week. This is what I have done with the veggies:
  • Heritage tomatoes - raw tomato sauce (grate skinned and de-seeded tomatoes, add 2 tbsp olive oil and salt/pepper)
  • Squash bread - they call sponge cake bread here, funny. Its nice and has ground cloves, ginger and cinnamon in it.
  • Steamed edamame beans and just ate.
  • Salsa Verde with tomatillos.
  • Cucumber peeled and cubed was served with the scrambled eggs for brunch.
Made pesto with last weeks basil so have used this weeks as garnish as plenty of pesto left. Spinach is staring at me whenever I open the fridge so will have to make something with it soon...

No comments: