Monday 28 May 2007

#1

Its not been a great weekend weather wise. Today I had in my mind pictured how we would sit in the sun watching the cricket in Hove, eating and drinking. That was not to be, we woke up to a grey world. As JD was keen to see Ireland play we went to town anyway. We chatted with the stewards at the gate to find out what the chances were of the game being started, they said the game might be on if there were an hours break in the downpour. Stil hopeful we walked into Brighton and had Dim Sum at China Garden to pass the time. If I could only have three dishes from the Dim Sum menu it would be Char Sui bun, Turnip paste and Beef Cheung Fun. Give me one more item and I would add Egg custard buns, either the steamed or the deep fried, I dont mind...

Walking back to Hove two hours later the weather was still about as bad as earlier and we found out that the game had yet to start. As the sky was still grey we decided the game was likely to be called off completely. Now this made me quite happy as I by then was full, sleepy and freezing. So I almost skipped to the train station and onto the train for the 10 min journey home. Cricket really should only be played in full sun when its at least above 20 Celsius.

I have spent the afternoon lazying in sofa reading my friends blogs to catch up on what they are doing. Their lives are a bit more busy than mine, as they have two kids and are in the middle of buying / selling flats. Phew. Eva-Lotta mainly talks about books, food and being guilty about kids things, Johan talks about anything almost - reccon his employer should keep him more busy to keep his mind occupied a bit more....

I wonder if its time to attack the left overs the nice man packed up for us...

3 comments:

L8 said...

Så det är därför vi inte hört av dig på länge.... Du sitter och bloggar! Själv har jag cyklat 1,5 mil i regn med 58 st tioåringar idag. Det gick riktigt bra./kram L8 och Björkäng

MoF said...

Synd om er här har vi suttit på vårt sköna varma kontor hela dagen!

Johan said...

"reccon his employer should keep him more busy"

Well apparently, my employer is a bit schizophrenic about keeping me busy. See my post today!