Saturday 23 April 2011

Easter



Its lovely and rainy outside, so we have an excuse not to go out. My favorite type of day! I have just finished another David Sedaris book and have about 100 pages left of 'The Darling Buds of May' before I throw myself headlong into the next book which will either be Fay Weldon's 'Nothing to wear' or I go back an try to get on with the 'New York' book by Rutherford. He is just not very engaging... I also have another 3 books started but they can be read slowly over the coming weeks.

In the oven: diet coke cake - or muffins rather - trying an online recipe using a ginger cake mix + a coke zero. Nothing else. Will report out.

In slow cooker: Lamb Tikka Masala - should be ready in approx. 5 hours.

From Friday - Swedish rye bread using a Finax 'shake n' bake' mix. Its wonderful with cheese and ham. Or a boiled egg and a slice of tomato.

Wonder if it will rain tomorrow? If it does I am planning poached salmon in the slow cooker and attacking some of the books I have bought but not got round to reading yet...

No comments: