Tuesday 8 January 2008

Shake 'n'Burger

We have a burger place around the corner from us (I would like to call it a 'joint') which we have been going past for two years now but never tried. It turns out that quite a few others have seen but not tried either so when I told them that is where we were going to dinner tonight I was asked for a review.

It looks quite American small townish on the outside, a little run down both inside and out but with a charming man inside taking the order and cooking the burgers. I had a standard cheese burger with dill pickle and tomato relish, very nice! Along with this I had chips and chocolate shake. A great meal all in all.

JD ordered a double cheese and bacon burger, with wedges and vanilla shake. The surprising thing is that the burger wasnt a 'tower' built burger but two burgers next to each other in a giant bap. Intriguing.

We are definetly coming back, I think I will stay with the basic burger and go for black cherry shake, but JD fancies the Hawaii burger with pineapple. Each to their own.

There are a surprising number of Shake 'n'Burger places in the world it seems as I got 1,260 hits on Google for the phrase. Wonder if they are all as charming as ours.

4 comments:

anna said...

black cherry shake låter alldeles fantastiskt!

Eva-L said...

I want to go there when I come visit. Can we, please?

Barb said...

I too would like to visit it. The shake sounds fantabulous, lets go when you get back from the land of the supernoodle.

Evova said...

you can all come and visit the glorious restaurant. its special. that is the best word for it. special