Sunday 21 August 2011

Cars!




I am just back from a visit to Detroit, Michigan. One more state! To be honest I didn't actually see Detroit itself as I was driven from airport to a lovely suburb called Birmingham where I spent the whole weekend visiting a friend. When we were not busy chatting, drinking wine and eating lovely food we walked and admired old cars. Not as old as the ones we used to see at the London to Brighton rally but making up for lack of age with amazing colour and detailing. Even the family cars being displayed were smashing! My favorite was mint green and white with green carpeting.

Overall I liked the Gremlins, the Corvette Stingray and the Chevrolet Bel Air. We chatted to a bunch of people about their cars, other peoples cars, cars passing by and cars they had at home as they were afraid of getting them wet. I know almost nothing about cars. Luckily most of the mainly men we chatted to were happy to do most of the talking while we asked polite questions.

No comments: