Sunday 13 February 2011

A bit more

Today I am doing this sitting next to my book case as my memory is a bit bad. So better answers should come out of it, I hope...

Day 07 – Most underrated book - Big Jessie by Zane Radcliffe - very funny book that not a lot of people have read. Set in Northern Ireland. Or any Barbara Cartland books, best enjoyed when bored on a sunny (or rainy) summers day somewhere there is nothing to do. Popcorn for the mind.

Day 08 – Most overrated book - hard to remember as I am sure I would have ended up donating it to charity rather than keeping it. Actually no, I do know: We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver. Just read The Fifth Child by Doris Lessing, as its far superior and she captures the essence of the dilemma in a lot less pages and tells a more compelling story.

Day 09 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving - PopCo by Scarlett Thomas as well as her book The End of Mr Y - both looked great but that always makes me suspicious. Loved them both! The types of books if EL wrote books that I think she would write.


1 comment:

Eva-L said...

Jag hade faktiskt tänkt läsa Vi måste tala om ... (hypen!), men då skippar jag det då. Fifth Child var mkt bra.